Pool Openings & Closings
Blue Lagoon Pool opens and closes thousands of in-ground pools for residential, municipal and commercial customers throughout Northern and Central New Jersey. Proper pool preparation for the winter season ensures that when warm weather arrives your pool will be ready to be opened before the pool season starts.
When it’s time to open your pool count on the experts at Pool Services to do the job right. We’ll re-install accessories such as diving boards, ladders, handrails, lights, pool cleaner, etc. And we’ll reassemble filter and pumps, including replacement of gaskets and/or seals if needed (parts not included), and perform a complete water chemistry check.
Pool Closings: Protect Your Pool in Winter
When the summer season ends, Pool Service winterizes the pool equipment and all of the pool lines and adds necessary chemicals to the pool. A properly closed pool ensures a stress-free opening next season. Our services include lowering the water level in your pool accordingly; draining your pool’s filtration, heating and pumping equipment; blowing out filtration lines and equipment and installing winter plugs; removing the pool sweep and storing it on your property; covering the diving board; installing ice protection container in the skimmer and covering the filtering equipment with plastic.
Our pool opening service includes:
- Installation of all Deck Equipment (Ladder, Handrails, Diving Board, Lights)
- Installation of skimmer Basket/s and Return Eyeballs
- Prime and Start Pool Pump
- Light Heater Pilot
- Visually Inspect Pump, Filter, and Heater for Proper Operations
- Add Chlorine Tablets, Super Chlorination (Shock), and an Algaecide Treatment
As fall and winter approach, it comes time to close your pool in order to best take care of it. A pool is an expensive investment, and to protect it, a professional should handle your pool closing.
Our pool closing service includes:
- Removal of all Deck Equipment, such as Ladders, Handrails, Lights. (We do not remove Diving Boards Due to Liability.)
- Removal of Skimmer Basket’s and Return Eyeballs
- Blowout of All Pool Related Water Lines using an “Air Compressor”. We also add Antifreeze where needed.
- Proper Winterizing of Pool Equipment (Filter, Pumps, Heater, Chlorinator, Etc.)
- Addition of Winter Chemicals (Non-Chlorine Shock, Winter Algaecide, Mineral Control Agent)